Slipped

I slipped into a place where I said I would never again go I slipped with the one who I so long ago came to know I went to that place to find comfort in his arms with the one whose come to know me and accepts me in spite of all of my flaws I slipped with the one who says no labels even after eight years of back and forth and I know I need to turn these tables cut my losses take a stand for what I am worth There is no quarter way, no half way, no compromise I will not settle not even just a little If you can't go the full distance with me what makes you think you deserve the prize So I slipped but I will get back up even stronger in my gait cause in the distance at the finish is someone spectacular waiting for me lying await.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Narcolepsy: Idiocy vs Actuality

I Will Not Apologize

A More Humanistic View: Jada Pinkett ith