I Forget

Sometimes I forget how smart and capable I really am I let what others say sway me from believing what I know is the actual truth I sometimes joke in an attempt to hide all these feelings that I keep locked inside knowing those not like me can never understand
Sometimes I forget I am destined to do more I give in to the desire to just give up I forget how strong I really am that I am not weak and my Narcolepsy is not all that I am and that every hour I continue to fight I gain more power to overcome any plight that the devil may see fit to throw my way
Sometimes I forget it doesn't matter what others say they don't walk the paths that I walk each day after day They will never know never understand what it is to be me I forget that their words shouldn't hurt because they aren't worth the value of dirt
Sometimes I forget there is a fighter in me I forget how far I have come to get closer to the place I want to be I forget that no matter how tired I get or how much I feel I've failed my God will always carry me though my darkest moments to a place where His light will always cover me
Sometimes I forget to love me for me how to love who I am and be proud of who I have grown to be
So many times I have forgotten the most important of things but my God is so awesome He never fails to show me there is glory and it is by His glory and mercy I am reminded no matter what I am a true queen

Comments

  1. It is easy to forget our worth when dealing with this"life speed-bump". Great job on the blog post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Narcolepsy: Idiocy vs Actuality

I Will Not Apologize

A More Humanistic View: Jada Pinkett ith