The Everyday Reality of a PWN

Today, I decided would be one of my productive days. It was, for an hour or two. I cleaned my dishes, organized my pantry, and straightened up my room a bit. It was going to be a good day, and then, I got my reminder. The evil little minions began squeezing my brain. The foundation that should support my body, like the Corinthian Columns at The New York Stock Exchange Building began to feel as undubstantial as a bowl of melting jello. So, I just let go and dropped.
This is my life with Cataplexy. It can be once a day. It can three to four times a day. Sometimes, it can be more. For me, it doesn't last a few seconds. It csn last fifteen minutes. It can last thirty to forty minutes. It can last over an hour. Sometimes, I think I may spend more than  90% of my day feeling like this. It doesn't stop when you sit. It doesn't stop when you lay down. You can't control it. All you can do is just wait, and wish, and pray that it ends soon. It is not a peaceful feeling. It is not restful. It is a horrible feeling, and yes, sometimes I can't help but to cry when it happens.
People have said, "I wish I had Narcolepsy" or things like, "It must be nice." It isn't nice. It isn't nice knowing that you could just lose control of your body while walking across a street, climbing some stairs, swimming in a pool, or driving. It isn't nice wondering if you will be able to make it back home without a struggle, if you go for a walk or a bike ride. It isn't nice when you get yourself pumped to go workout, and then find you can barely lift your arms, let alone some weights. This is not just my today. This is pretty much my everyday. Even when I do feel ok, this is what I know can, and will happen during my day. This is what has become my reality.
PWN aren't lazy. It isn't that we don't try. Everytime, you see a PWN, performing those tasks that are so simple, they are second nature to you, know that it may very well be taking everything they have just to not give in and fall over. This is what will continue to be our reality.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Narcolepsy: Idiocy vs Actuality

I Will Not Apologize

A More Humanistic View: Jada Pinkett ith