Narcolepsy, No Laughing Matter

This is the response of The Real to criticism they received on a skit regarding Narcolepsy. One couple was to do a Narcoleptic Moonwalk during a dance off. Essentially they are saying, lighten up; find the humor in the disease that you can't be cured from, that has caused many to lose their jobs, their savings, their homes, their spouses and children. Find humor in not being able to do simple things like crossing the street and finding you feel you are going to collapse and hoping you don't do it before you make it across. I belie in being able to find humor and laughing at myself or friends laughing with me. I don't believe in using someone's illness as a prop or gag. Hmm, would someone with ALS be told the same thing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Narcolepsy: Idiocy vs Actuality

I Will Not Apologize

A More Humanistic View: Jada Pinkett ith