Oblivious

Self-absorbed I don't care anymore about the struggle, the tragedy, the plight 
What are society's problems aren't mine so I continue to turn a blind eye 
Ignore the battles our people have to fight
Oblivious but not unaware I just choose not to care as long as I have my money, my
Honeys straight
I am not worried about their downside cause you know I got my fly ride
And plenty of money in the bank
Apathetic to the pain in the streets Why should I care it don't affect me
I got mine to my kingdom I hold my own key
Well I've lost it all now I had friends they care no more about my struggle , my agony, my plight 
I've become just another one of society's problems and now to my fight everyone turns a blind eye 
Ignoring the battles this once lost child of God fights
Empathetic, Sympathetic I've been forced to become to the pain that abounds in these streets
Now I see why I should have cared Because I should have realized that person could be me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Narcolepsy: Idiocy vs Actuality

I Will Not Apologize

A More Humanistic View: Jada Pinkett ith