Judge Not

I have seem a whole lot of comments about the black girl who claims to be Caucasian. Sadly, many of those comments are focusing on this child's looks, rather than her obviously damaged mental state. This young lady is obviously already filled with self hate and with the fact that this scenario has gone viral, I am sure she will see more than a few of them. When we come across people like this who are obviously lacking self love, shouldn't we be sending encouraging words to help them learn how to love and appreciate themselves and all their physical qualities? Maybe I just think differently. There are a lot of evil, mean spirited people out there who are intentionally that way. They get no pass. This child seems to be just lost, and yes, delusional. It isn't the same. She needs help, and I think Dr. Phil was the wrong outlet to turn to. I also wish people would stop focusing on her teeth. I know a few beautiful black sisters and brothers with gaps and I think those gaps add to their uniqueness and beauty, but people would have them believing it is a flaw. What is the difference between that and saying big lips are ugly or wide nostrils? It is all about perception. Again, maybe it is just me. Maybe I just think differently, but I wish I could see more people being encouraging and trying to lift up others rather than focus on their flaws.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Narcolepsy: Idiocy vs Actuality

I Will Not Apologize

A More Humanistic View: Jada Pinkett ith