My Heart Bleeds

You fought and died with dignity to gain respect for my races humanity
You prayed not cursed through bigotry and ignorance
You persevered through hatred and intolerance
But through slight of mouth we disregard the respect for our people of
which you fought so hard
My heart so bleeds whenever I hear the lack of love reflected in speech
for my people who in my heart I hold so dear
You fought and died with dignity to gain respect for my people's humanity
Through trials and tribulation you always displayed grace
A glowing reflection you were for a proud and beautiful race
But just a few ugly words from the tongue can undo all you have done
And overshadow the indignities you suffered so that we could all live together as one
My heart so does bleed whenever I see sister calling out sister
brother calling out brother
And I wonder how such beautifully created people could display such a lack of love
for themselves and each other
You fought and died with dignity you silently cried and you bled for our races humanity
The indignities you suffered we can't even begin to imagine
But such lack of gratitude we display with such an indifference that when you were going through
you could never have fathomed would be for a people that you died and fought for with such dignity

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Narcolepsy: Idiocy vs Actuality

I Will Not Apologize

A More Humanistic View: Jada Pinkett ith