Strength

They say God will place no more on you than you can handle. I have never considered myself a particularly strong woman. If you think about the many women before me and the countless hardships they endured, my life has been cake. I have all my limbs. I didn't live in an era of slavery or segregation. I haven't had to sleep outside, well not for an extended period of time. If I were to sit down and take inventory of my life though,  I suppose there would be an interesting little Lifetime movie there.
I don't think about them or acknowledge them though because that is where my true strength would have to lie in my ability to accept all that I have accepted. 
Now, God may not be giving me a choice. I love my little peanut even though she is not even here yet. I will love her regardless and I pray with all my heart that she is born perfectly healthy and happy but should that not be the case, I know she is still a special miracle from God. I don't know how it is determined how strong a person is or how much they can handle.Maybe if I were to think about it, I would find I am stronger than I give myself credit for. Whatever the case, it looks like I am about to find out how strong I really am.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Narcolepsy: Idiocy vs Actuality

I Will Not Apologize

A More Humanistic View: Jada Pinkett ith